Friday, August 14, 2015

SEO for Small Businesses: Where to get started

I plan to use this blog to discuss various approaches to Local/Small Business SEO techniques for getting small businesses such as Wedding Photographers Or Wedding Florists listed within Google for the desired keywords.

A little about myself: I'm a technology nerd with a love for marketing. Some call it a blessing and others a curse, but I enjoy it and find the two go hand in hand. Great web development is nothing without good SEO to drive clients to your website. You will find that my examples will use a lot of material from my wife's website, Bellemore Photography, as I handle her web development and marketing. This works well as I can try out marketing ideas on a smaller level.

Topics to be covered:
Mobile design - If your website isn't responsive, then you haven't been responsive to the times.
Title tags - too short or too long...and why to get them just right
Link Building concepts
So much more.

If you like the material, let me know. If you hate my material, you can let me know as well. I'm self trained in marketing but I've learned a ton over my years of working on large websites such as Ihop and AAA. I also stay current by utilizing MOZ and following great resources on Twitter. I'll share everything here so stayed tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment